Banned ? I am sure that had to be a mistake, tell us about it
Jinzhu

Unban request

Post by Jinzhu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Name – Jinzhu`
Steam ID - STEAM_0:1:13641053
Admin – Likely Wyatt?
Date and Time – Around 8PM EST on June 21 2020

I believe I was banned by Wyatt for hacking, as I was getting quite a few headshots throughout the day using pistols only. (I have to aim for head with those weapons, if I don't I'm dead)

The reason I’m using only pistols (weaker and weaker ones if my score gets better) is so I don’t ruin people’s experiences playing the game. The last thing I want to do is make people not want to play this gem of a game, especially with the player base dwindling on a daily basis. Therefore, if I was banned due to people not wanting to play with me, then so be it, I can’t help that. If it is the case that people don’t want to play with me, then I hope the decision can be overturned at some point in the future. As this is one of my favourite servers the play on since coming back to 1.6.

----------------

So a little about me. I started playing 1.6 around 2006, when I was 13 years old. I’ve never been a “pro” player, and barely competed in leagues. I’m what people would call a “pubstar”, abusing spawn timings and slow buy times for certain players. I’d say my aim is average at best but I have pretty decent game awareness (Although it doesn’t really matter since I typically run out first anyway).

The server I spent 99% of my time on was the [lag] server (Lousiana antiscripting group), as I was a member there for over 4 years before it was dissolved unofficially. Omi from your clan was also a member there. I quit playing 1.6 once the [lag] server was not being run anymore, and transitioned to other games; although sticking primarily with the FTP genre. I recently came back to 1.6 after an 8~ year hiatus just to play a couple rounds with an old friend, and instantly fell in love again. Which is why you may have seen me around so often the last two weeks or so.

I thought I may have been banned earlier as one of the regulars on your server influenced Jack to think I was aim-botting, leading me to start streaming all my gameplay. However, I decided to stop as I thought I was safe from being banned for hacking as I thought Wyatt already specc’d my gameplay. But I guess Wyatt was just afk in the server.

Here is the only vod I have of myself playing on the server, starting at 15mins 24secs. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/649172387?t=0h15m24s

I’ve improved quite a bit the last 10 days or so from this gameplay as there’s really not much to do after work with Covid-19 going on. If unbanned, I’m happy to stream my gameplay permanently. I will also start streaming my gameplay while on other servers if it will help with my conviction.

I believe my gameplay has not violated any server rules. I typcally stack terrorist side, as that's my preferred side to play on since I enjoy rushing into the bomb site first.

Lastly, Dustdogg used to play on the lag server quite a bit as well, I hope he can vouch for me that I’m not hacking. Also, there are many non-TCB players on the server which have been around for over 10 years as well that hopefully can vouch for my legitimacy as well (Ex. Gumby, N0rml).

Sorry for the long-winded post. I promise it didn’t take too long to write. Also regardless of the decision, I hope everyone and their families are staying safe during these tough times.

As for the ban, I’m happy to hop in a voice chat to talk about it with you Wyatt if it will help as well, as well as throw some suggestions your way.

Ex; I can program a script for you that has round timer glowing at the top once it reaches under a certain amount of time, as it happens extremely often that terrorists run out of time.

Jin

Jinzhu

Re: Unban request

Post by Jinzhu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:04 pm

After watching that vod... that was really dreadful gameplay on my part on dust2, and on Sunny the server started lagging.

If I were you guys I wouldn't unban me off that vod because I could've acquired cheats at some point the last 10 days.

Again, I'll be streaming my gameplay on the same twitch channel from now on while I'm on other servers, and hopefully the TCB server as well. Feel free to check out the videos once in a while if there are doubts of my legitimacy still.

Jin